This cake lasted about 1 afternoon in my house. It is so moist and delicious!
This orange cake is paleo and low carb and made with coconut flour and coconut oil, no refined sugar or white flour added.
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest from 1 orange
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- juice of ½ medium orange
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a round or square 8-inch pan with butter or coconut oil, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract, and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl mix the coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the cake is still warm, poke holes all over the top with a fork, then pour the orange juice evenly over the whole cake.
- Sprinkle top with orange zest (optional).