These Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles are ruch, decadent with a lovely citrus hit. Paleo, dairy free and low carb too!
Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles - paleo, dairy free, low carb
- 3 tablespoons cacao butter
- ¼ cup raw honey, or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice, strained of pulp
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, plus additional for sprinkling on top if you choose
- dash fine himalayan salt
- Melt the cacao butter over a double boiler.
- Remove cacao butter from the heat and mix in the honey and coconut oil.
- Place the mixture in a food processor and add the cacao powder, coconut butter, vanilla, fresh orange juice, zest, and dash of salt.
- Process mixture until smooth and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Once the mixture has cooled remove from fridge and roll it into balls with your hands and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place it back in the fridge and go on to making the chocolate shell.
- Melt the cacao butter over a double boiler until it reaches 122°F/50°C.
- Add the cacao powder, honey and vanilla and mix until all combined and the mixture reaches 122°F/50°C
- Remove the truffles from the fridge and dip each truffle in the chocolate shell mixture. If the chocolate is too thick return it to the stove for a few seconds.
- Place each truffle on a sheet lined with parchment paper and let them cool and harden at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving
Recipe adapted from against all grains.