This Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam is made with strawberries and three other simple and healthy ingredients and no sweetener added.
I find that so many jam recipes claim to be sugar free, but they actually have some type of sweetener added to them. Clearly no sugar free.
In my opinion, sugar does not need to be added to make jam. As you cook fruit for some time, its sugars begin to caramelize and become sweeter. This is how I make all my jams, marmalades, or fruit butters.
When you bite into a fresh strawberry, do you feel it needs to be any sweeter? Don't you just love eating the berry as it is? I personally do and strawberries are my favorite fruit.
So this recipe for Sugar Free Strawberry Jam take some time to make in the absence of sugar or another natural sweetener, but the end result is pure strawberry goodness just like my healthy strawberry milkshake recipe without ice cream that everyone loves.
It is definitely sweet enough and has an amazing buttery smooth and creamy consistency. I guarantee that if you like fresh strawberries, you will love this recipe.
Truly Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam
- 2½ cups strawberries, frozen and thawed*
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- Puree the thawed strawberries in a food processor or bender. *If you are using fresh strawberries please see notes below.
- Whisk the water, lemon juice and arrowroot powder in a medium saucepan then add the strawberries puree. Bring mixture to a boil slowly over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to medium low and simmer until it thickens, approximately 50 minutes. As it begins to thicken stir frequently to avoid burning. You will know it is done when you draw a rubber spatula through the center and it creates a hole that stays open for a few seconds and then fills back in. Once this happens remove from the heat and allow it to cool before storing. As it cools, it will continue to thicken. If your jam becomes too thick, add a little water. You can also return it to the stove and cook it longer if you want a thicker jam.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.