This Avocado Banana Bread (or cake) is a soft and moist banana bread, full of nutrients and healthy ingredients like avocado. The banana hides the avocado taste so even kids will enjoy this dessert.
My recipe for Avocado Chocolate Bread was so popular last week that I decided to make a different type of bread using avocados.
This time, Avocado Banana Bread and let me tell you… This bread is simply amazing!
The combination of avocado and banana makes this recipe my all time favorite banana bread.
The avocado and banana together, gives this bread a light, moist and soft texture that is also not too sweet and goes along perfect with crunchy macadamia nuts.
The banana flavor is dominant, and I can hardly tell avocados are used in this recipe. If someone else had made it and gave me a piece to try, I would have never guessed the avocado was there. This is a good thing for me because I am not a huge fan of the taste of avocados.
If you’re vegan or are allergic to eggs, you can omit the egg in this recipe. The avocado and banana also act as a binder so it’s ok to omit it. Leaving the egg out will give the bread a denser texture.
We have some really wonderful tasting bananas here is Hawaii called apple bananas. They are smaller than the more common varieties, and the flavor is both tangy and sweet. If you can find it in stores, for sure grab a bunch to make this bread!
This recipe for Avocado Banana Bread is paleo, gluten, grain, dairy and refined sugar free (with a vegan option). It contains 10g of Net Carbs making it also low carb (see nutritional info below).
Don’t forget to check out my Avocado Chocolate Bread recipe too – Click here!
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Avocado Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups (171g) blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup (160g) avocado, *
- ¾ cup (125g) banana, **
- 3 tablespoons (36g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (44g) raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1 large egg, room temperature***
- ⅓ cup macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x4-inch medium loaf pan (or a cake pan) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the avocado, banana, coconut oil, vanilla, honey, and egg to your food processor (or blender) and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the avocado mixture with the dry ingredients to form a batter, then fold in the macadamia nuts. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. To preserve freshness, store bread inside an airtight container in the fridge. You can double the recipe if you like and also freeze it.
-Use maple syrup in place of honey if you're Vegan.