This Chocolate Orange Marbled Cake is a two-toned layered cake infused with intense chocolate and orange flavor. Baked into a soft and moist cake without using any dairy, gluten or grain flours.
This cake is very easy to make and I'm showing you how simple the process is in the video so be sure to watch it.
The texture is light and fluffy, and it's not overly sweet. It has a delicious orange and chocolate flavor, which are always amazing together. This Chocolate Orange Almond Tart is proof because it's another family favorite recipe.
Refrigerating this cake gives it a denser and more moist consistency which I absolutely love. It also intensifies the orange taste - almost like drinking a cold glass of fresh orange juice.
It lasts a long time in the fridge and I personally always wait a few days to start eating it.
Lastly, this Chocolate Orange Marble Cake accompanied with my Blueberry Butter or my Sugar-free Strawberry Jam is divine! Have you seen or made these recipes before? They are so refreshing and tasty. We don't always need sugar to make jam 🙂
What do you think? Leave a comment and let me know how it goes when you make this or any of my other recipes.
Also, which are your favorite ingredients to pair chocolate with? Chocolate and mint, chocolate and coconut, chocolate and banana, chocolate and strawberries? Which is your favorite? Comment below so I can make more recipes with these flavors for you.
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Chocolate Orange Marbled Cake (Gluten-free, Paleo)
- ½ cup (112g) fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup (60g) coconut oil, solid
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon (122g) raw honey, or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons (9g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (228g) blanched almond flour, or ½ cup (55g) coconut flour*
- 1 tablespoon (8g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- ¾ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons (21g) raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple sugar, for dusting the top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice and zest, egg yolks (reserve the egg whites), coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients gently with a spatula being careful to not over mix the batter.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whisk the reserved egg whites and lemon juice until stiff peaks form. Mix half of the mixture into the batter gently, then mix the other half.
- Divide the batter into 2 bowls and mix the cacao powder with one of the half's.
- Alternately, layer your prepared pan with the chocolate and vanilla batter, starting with the chocolate batter. Add a large spoon of the chocolate batter in the center of the pan, followed by the vanilla batter on top and so on.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set pan on a cooling rack and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. Dust the top with maple sugar if desired.