This fall-inspired Apple Chocolate Cake recipe is loaded with chunks of tender apple, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, and coated in melted dark chocolate. This recipe is Paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free.
You guys know how much I love to bake and we have just transitioned to what I like to call "the baking season", so today I have a fall-inspired cake recipe that I'm excited to share with you.
Apples screen fall to me so I combined my love for baking, chocolate and apples, and created this sinful Apple Chocolate Cake. The center of the cake is gooey and moist, loaded with chunks of tender apples, the batter is spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, and the whole cake is coated in melted dark chocolate. Each bite is chocolatey, super soft, and melts in your mouth. And not to mention my house smells ah-mazing when I bake it.
Baking a delicious cake like this is possible using real food ingredients and for me there's no need to use the traditional wheat flours and refined sugars/oils which are highly inflammatory. I'm serving this Apple Chocolate Cake at my holiday parties this year to show my friends and family how to make the holiday season flavorful and healthier. I hope you try it. Enjoy 🙂
Wanna get inspired with more of my holiday baking recipes? Check out these other favorite recipes and share them with everyone!
*Warm Caramel Apple Pie Bread
*Apple Cinnamon Cookies
*Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
Let’s get baking! This cake is sure to be a hit, but if you need some more dessert ideas for the holidays check out my top-rated thanksgiving recipes.
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Apple Chocolate Cake (Gluten-free, Paleo, DF)
- 3 cups (342g) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup (46g) raw cacao powder
- ½ cup (66g) unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (105g) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (120g) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons (46g) raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (175g) apple, thinly sliced*
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients - almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs using a whisk, then add the coconut oil, apple sauce, honey and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Using a spatula mix together the wet and dry ingredients to form a batter. Gently mix the apple slices in the batter, and spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a stick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely in the pan over a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a double boiler. Stir in the coconut oil and spread the chocolate over the cake. Decorate your cake with apple slices and chocolate shavings if you like.