This Lemon Cream Pie recipe has a truly amazing taste and texture even though it’s gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free and dairy-free. And today I’m gonna teach you everything you need to know to make this healthy lemon cream pie.
Looks amazing right? It tastes amazing and you’re gonna fall in love with it!
In today’s recipe you’re going to learn how to make 3 things:
1. Learn how to make a flaky pie crust using almond flour and coconut oil as opposed to using the traditional all purpose flour and butter. This crust is versatile and you can make a ton of different pies with it.
2. Learn how to make a smooth lemon cream using nutritious ingredients, and without any refined sugars, sweetened condensed milk or even eggs.
3. Learn how to make a dairy-free whipping cream that is a great substitute in any recipes that call for cream.
Lemon Cream Pie Instructional video
I hope my video was helpful to you and you now see how making a Lemon Cream Pie healthy and delicious is totally possible.
I think what I love most about this pie is that it’s refreshing, not too sweet or heavy. The creamy and smooth texture of the lemon cream filling is absolutely incredible, the crust’s consistency and flavor are spot on, and the whipping cream topping is a fluffy, light and delicate cream that just completes this pie perfectly.
This pie is simply to die for and I was hesitant to share my recipe online instead of putting it in a cookbook. But I love you guys, and I’m thankful for you being here with me every week, and I couldn’t have you wait for me to write a book to have this recipe. So I hope you make it soon and truly enjoy it with family and friends.
Don’t forget to share your photos with me when you make it. You can attached them in the comments below, or share them on the social networks with the hashtag #livinghealthywithchocolate so I can find it. Any comments or questions you have for me, write them below and I’ll answer them for you.
Paleo Lemon Cream Pie (gluten/grain/egg/dairy-free)
Lemon Cream Filling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients listed for the crust with a spatula until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Don't over mix. Press crumbs on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie dish, and bake until the edges and center start to brown. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
Lemon Cream Filling
- Add the lemon juice and zest, and 1/2 the can (201.5ml) of coconut milk to a saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and set aside to allow the gelatin to soften.
- In the meantime, add the cashews, remaining (201.5ml) coconut milk in the can, honey, and vanilla to a blender and process for a minute or two, or until the mixture is very creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- Now heat the lemon mixture in the saucepan over medium heat until the gelatin dissolves, stirring frequently with a spoon. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then add it to the blender along with the cashew mixture, and blend again to combine everything. Let lemon cream filling cool in the blender for 30 minutes, then pour it over the cooled crust. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight to allow it to set.
Dairy-free Whipping Cream
- Open the can of coconut milk that has been chilling overnight being careful to not shake the can. Scoop the coconut cream that has risen to the top into a large bowl. Discard the water on the bottom of the can.
- Add the honey and gelatin to the bowl and whisk with an electrical hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread the cream over the cooled pie and serve.