Made with juicy sweet blueberries and topped with a hot lemon and honey glaze, this Blueberry Bread is moist and amazingly delicious. (Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free)
Made with juicy sweet blueberries and topped with a hot lemon and honey glaze, this bread is tender, moist and amazingly delicious.
The glaze is infused into the bread just as it comes out of the oven giving it a nice citrus flavor and that soft texture.
As with everything I make, this recipe contains no grains or processed ingredients and it is perfect to enjoy at any time of the day.
Blueberry Bread With Lemon Glaze
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon raw honey
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the coconut milk with the eggs, honey, vanilla, coconut oil and lemon zest, then add the fresh blueberries.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix wet and dry ingredients to form a batter being careful not to over mix or the batter will get oily and dense.
- Spoon the batter into an 8½” x 4½” medium loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
- Poke a few small holes across the top of the bread with a toothpick and brush on the lemon glaze.
- Set the pan over a wire rack to cool.
- Whisk together the fresh lemon juice and honey.