These Lemon Chia Seed Muffins are moist, soft and have a great lemon citrus flavor. The muffins are made with healthy coconut flour and crunchy chia seed.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are so delicious, but I wanted to create something a little different than the traditional recipe.
After giving it some thought, I came up with this recipe for lemon muffins, and I decided to swap the poppy seeds for chia seeds. The chia seeds add nutrients and give the muffins that same crunchy texture that I love from poppy seeds.
I also wanted to make these muffins nut-free for all of you requesting nut-free recipes. So a great flour combo to use in this recipe is a mixture of coconut flour and tapioca starch. This flour combo gives these muffins a great texture, and they're super soft and moist.
They also have a great refreshing citrus flavor from the fresh lemon juice and zest, and the coconut flavor is very mild. Hope you enjoy!
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Lemon Chia Seed Muffins (Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free)
- ⅓ cup (33g) coconut flour
- ¼ cup (29g) tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon (10g) chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fine himalayan salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (25g) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (123g) full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons (52g) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with nonstick paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix to combine the tapioca flour, coconut flour, chia seeds, baking soda and salt. Then using a whisk, mix dry and wet ingredients together to form a batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a stick inserted into the center of your muffins come out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan, over a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Store your muffins in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.