This Chocolate Avocado Pudding is a light and delicate chocolate pudding that uses chia seeds as a thickener in place of eggs. The avocado adds healthy fats and a creamy texture, and the pudding has a rich dark chocolate flavor.
For all you avocado lovers out there, this recipe is for YOU.
The trick to making this pudding thick without the need for using eggs as in traditional pudding recipes, is by adding chia seeds to the mixture.
This gelatinous property of chia seeds is then perfect for making this pudding thick and creamy, and without having to cook the mixture.
This dessert recipe could’t be any easier and quicker to make. All you have to do is blend everything together and serve.
I personally don’t like avocados (I wish I did), so I made this recipe especially for you.
Even though I don’t like the taste of avocados, this recipe tastes pretty good to me. It’s chocolate-y (which is probably why I like it ☺ ) and it has a very light and smooth consistency.
Serving it with fruit makes this delicate dessert even more flavorful. I love kiwis so thats what I served my pudding with, but you can use any fruit you prefer. I think serving this with strawberries, raspberries or even bananas would be really good too.
I hope you guys like this recipe. Please let me know and give me your feedback in the comments below.
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Chocolate Avocado Pudding (with Chia Seeds) (Vegan & Paleo)
- 1 small (140g) avocado, (I used Hass avocado)
- 1/4 cup (23g) raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons (20g) chia seeds
- 3/4 cup (163ml) water or milk of choice
- pinch fine Himalayan salt
- sweetener of choice to taste, I used 1/3 cup coconut sugar and 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Fruit of choice and nuts for garnishing, optional
- Blend the avocado, cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon, chia seeds, water and salt in a blender or food processor until everything is combined and smooth.
- Garnish with fruit of choice. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.