Soft and moist almond flour cookies topped with a healthy avocado chocolate frosting that is creamy and sweet.
These almond cookies are quite amazing on their own. They have a soft, chewy texture and are crispy on the outside.
This recipe is Paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free and the main ingredients are almond flour, coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and eggs.
THEN, there's the frosting... The Chocolate Avocado Fudge Frosting has a blend of healthy fats from the avocados and cacao butter. The combination of the two make an incredibly smooth and creamy frosting that is not too sweet.
For sure this is something that is not typical of other frostings... The raw cacao powder gives this frosting a rich dark chocolate flavor and increases the nutrients and vitamin content of these cookies.
Did you know that the flavonoids found in dark chocolate increase blood flow to the brain, helping to improve your memory? Yes, it is true...so go ahead and enjoy these cookies as a healthy snack!
Almond Cookies With Avocado Chocolate Frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut palm sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla and egg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and gently mix with a rubber spatula, then refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon size balls of the chilled dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then press with the palm of your hands to flatten the cookies.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for 17 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Set baking sheet on a wire rack and let cookies cool.
Chocolate Avocado Fudge Frosting:
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler over simmering water. Remove from heat and mix in the cacao powder, honey and vanilla.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the chocolate with the avocado to form a creamy frosting. You can adjust the sweetness of the frosting to your liking by adding more honey.
- Top each cookie with frosting using a small knife and serve.
Nutrition per serving
This recipe was inspired by this post