Have you ever had avocado chocolate bread? This bread recipe is made with buttery avocado and dark chocolate.
This is a great combination because the avocado adds healthy fats and nutrients to this dessert, while the chocolate hides the flavor of the avocado. You are then left with a chocolaty tasting bread that is soft and moist.
I have seen a lot of recipes coming out lately for mousses with the main ingredients being avocado and chocolate, so why not turn these two ingredients into a bread that you can take with you anywhere and enjoy as a snack on the go?
This dessert recipe is not very sweet like a cake and that is why I'm calling it a bread instead. If you want to serve it as a cake, bake it in a round pan and add more sweeter if you like. Either way, I think you will really enjoy this dessert 🙂
Like everything else I make, this Avocado Chocolate Bread is gluten and grain free. It also contains no dairy for those of you that are lactose intolerant.
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Avocado Chocolate Bread
- 1 ½ cups (202g) avocado
- 3 tablespoons (36g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons (40g) coconut cream, **
- 3 tablespoons (63g) raw honey
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (58g) pecans
- 2 cups (228g) blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup (22g) raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine himalayan salt
- ⅓ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, plus some more to sprinkle on top
- Add the avocado to a food processor and pulse to break it down. Then add the coconut oil, vanilla, coconut cream, honey and eggs, and pulse until smooth.
- Chop the pecans, and add them to a large bowl along with the almond flour, baking soda, cacao powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients gently. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Note: the batter will be very thick and you will need to spread it across the pan with a spatula.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the bread cool in the pan over a wire rack for about 10 minutes before serving. To preserve freshness, store bread inside an airtight container in the refrigerator.