Last recipe of the year!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you have been enjoying some free time in the company of family and friends. I certainly have, and it has been great to have my father-in-law visiting from Florida.
Today I want to give you one last recipe to sweeten up the end of this year.
It takes just 5 minutes to make this crunchy apple deliciousness. That’s right! You can whip up these adorable minis in no time and serve it for dinner.
For this healthier apple crisp, juicy granny smith apples are diced up and coated with cinnamon, coconut oil and raw honey. The apples are then layered with a healthy, wholesome crumble made of macadamia nuts, pecans, cashews, coconut, flaxseed meal and cacao nibs. This dessert is irresistible when served warm with homemade ice cream or coconut whipped cream!
My best wishes to you and your family! Enjoy this delicious Paleo Single Serving Apple Crisp and as the New Year approaches, I look forward to continuing to share more nutritious recipes and help you achieve your health goals. Thank you all for your support! Happy New Year!
Five Minute Single Serving Apple Crisp (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free)
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons cashew flour, *
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- 1/8 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, about 1 cup diced
- Coarsely ground the pecans and macadamia nuts.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped nuts, cashew flour, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, cacao nibs and salt. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of honey, then mix to combine. Mixture should be moist and have a crumbly consistency.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, ground cinnamon and diced apples. Heat mixture for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently to soften the apples.
- Layer two 4 ounce ramekins with the crumbs and the softened apples. Add about 1 tablespoon of the crumbs to the bottom of the ramekins, followed by the apples, then topped with more crumbs.
- Broil in the oven for 2 minutes to brown the top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Yields: 2 single servings