Last recipe of the year!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you have been enjoying some free time in the company of family and friends. I certainly have, and it has been great to have my father-in-law visiting from Florida.
Today I want to give you one last recipe to sweeten up the end of this year.
It takes just 5 minutes to make this crunchy apple deliciousness. That’s right! You can whip up these adorable minis in no time and serve it for dinner.
For this Paleo treat, juicy granny smith apples are diced up and coated with cinnamon, coconut oil and raw honey. The apples are then layered with a healthy, wholesome crumble made of macadamia nuts, pecans, cashews, coconut, flaxseed meal and cacao nibs. This dessert is irresistible when served warm with homemade vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream!
My best wishes to you and your family! Enjoy these delicious Paleo Single Serving Apple Crisps and as the New Year approaches, I look forward to continuing to share more nutritious recipes and help you achieve your health goals. Thank you all for your support! Happy New Year!
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons cashew flour*
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons cacao nibs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (about 1 cup diced)
- Coarsely ground the pecans and macadamia nuts.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped nuts, cashew flour, shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, cacao nibs and salt. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of honey, then mix to combine. Mixture should be moist and have a crumbly consistency.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, ground cinnamon and diced apples. Heat mixture for about 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently to soften the apples.
- Layer two 4 ounce ramekins with the crumbs and the softened apples. Add about 1 tablespoon of the crumbs to the bottom of the ramekins, followed by the apples, then topped with more crumbs.
- Broil in the oven for 2 minutes to brown the top. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Yields: 2 single serving apple crisps
I used granny smith because of it's tarter taste. If you use a sweeter apple, you can reduce the amount of honey added.