Infused with maple syrup and chopped walnuts, this Maple Walnut Ice Cream makes the creamiest, crunchiest and most delicious ice cream. (Paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
Making homemade ice cream is super fun and easy and best of all, you know it is completely free of unhealthy ingredients. Follow the recipe below and you will not be disappointed 🙂
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Maple-Walnut Ice Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- pinch fine himalayan salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, egg, arrowroot powder and salt.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until it starts to boil and thicken.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cool mixture overnight in refrigerator.
- Stir walnuts and maple syrup into the chilled ice cream custard, then process in your ice cream maker.
- Serve with chopped walnuts and drizzled maple syrup.
Recipe serves about 6 to 8 people.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 266.3kcalProtein: 3.8gFat: 21.3gSaturated Fat: 13.4gSugar: 11.1gFiber: 0.7gCarbohydrates: 17.8gNet Carbs: 17.1g
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Made this recipe?Please leave a review and photo in the comments below.