Creamy Chocolate Pudding Pops • paleo, gluten/dairy/soy/egg/refined-sugar free
Yesterday I went into my kitchen with the intention of making a Paleo version of a creamy chocolate pudding. We had one of the hottest days of the year here in Hawaii this week and in an attempt to cool off, my recipe ended up turning into the creamiest chocolate pudding popsicles.
This ice cold treat is infused with macadamia nut oil and topped with chopped macadamia nuts and mini dark chocolate chips. This recipe does not require any eggs or dairy to make and yet, these are the creamiest and healthiest fudgesicles.
Making these are super easy and fast. You don’t need an ice cream machine and you can make them in paper cups like I did. The hard part is waiting for them to harden in the freezer. If you love the classic fudgesicle taste then you will really enjoy these healthy versions on a hot summer day!
Creamy Chocolate Pudding Pops (paleo, gluten free, dairy free)
- add 2 tablespoons of water to a large bowl and sprinkle the water with gelatin powder. Set aside.
- bring to a boil over medium heat the coconut milk, cacao powder, macadamia nut oil, maple syrup and salt, stirring frequently
- pour the boiling milk mixture into the bowl with the gelatin and mix until the gelatin dissolves
- stir in vanilla extract and allow it to cool
- fill disposable paper cups with the mixture and freeze for 1 hour
- remove from freezer and insert a wooden stick in the center. Sprinkle top with chopped macadamia nuts and mini chocolate chips if desired.
- freeze pops overnight. To remove fudgesicles from paper cups simply tear the paper cup off
Recipe yields 4 to 5 4oz pops.