This Toasted Coconut Ice Cream is a blend of creamy coconut ice cream, crunchy toasted coconut and homemade caramel sauce. Paleo, dairy-free and refined sugar-free.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- Toast the shredded coconut in the oven at 300°F for about 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk and arrowroot powder, then add the egg, honey and salt. Heat the mixture slowly over medium heat, stirring frequently until it starts to boil and thicken.
- Remove from the stove and mix in the toasted coconut and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Process chilled mixture in your ice cream maker and once it is done swirl the caramel onto the ice cream.
Recipe makes 1.5 quarts.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 225.7kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 2.8gFat: 19.9gSaturated Fat: 17.3gFiber: 1.4gSugar: 6.4gNet Carbs: 10.6g
Join our familyGet more recipes and email updates!
Tried this recipe?Share your review and photo in the comments below. Tag me on Instagram @livinghealthywithchocolate.