The most delicious Hazelnut Chocolate Cake recipe! This flourless cake is rich, dense, and has a deep chocolate and hazelnut flavor. This recipe is Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
I really wanted to share this recipe with your guys before Christmas, but with all the holiday distractions I wasn't able to finish this post for you. Either way, now you have this recipe and I think you'll love it no matter what time of year it is.
This Hazelnut and Chocolate Cake is perfect for all of us chocolate lovers. It's very rich, and has a deep chocolate and hazelnut flavor.
The texture is dense, and overtime after it's stored and chilled in the fridge the cake gets even more dense and the texture changes becoming more fudge-like.
One of the secrets ingredients to make the hazelnut and chocolate flavor stand out is by adding vanilla powder. Chocolate and vanilla are a match made in heaven!
This is a flourless cake and I'm using hazelnuts to give it volume and texture.
This cake is also free of white or refined sugars, and it's sweetened with pure maple syrup, making it ideal for those of us following a Paleo and Gluten-free lifestyle.
If you love the combination of hazelnuts and chocolate like I do, you're gonna really like this cake, so I hope you give it a try soon.
And if need something without chocolate this fall, check out these amazing soft and chewy ginger cookies. They are perfect for Christmas!
I'm looking forward to reading your comments and seeing your photos in the comments section below. Happy New year!!
🎥 Watch the recipe video
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Hazelnut Chocolate Cake (Paleo, GF, DF)
- 2 ½ cups (375g) hazelnuts, toasted and peeled*
- 6 ounces (170g) 100% dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup (64g) coconut oil, solid
- ⅓ cup (75g) full fat coconut milk, (or heavy cream)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons (190g) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut extract, or hazelnut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- Chocolate Fudge Topping, click here for recipe
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare your pan by greasing the bottom and sides of a round or square 8-inch cake pan with coconut oil. Line the bottom of the pan with a piece of parchment paper so the cake is easy to remove later.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a large bowl over simmering water (double boiler). After melted, stir in the coconut milk until combined. Remove bowl from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, hazelnut extract, vanilla, and salt.
- Using a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until finely ground. Then using a spatula, mix the meal with the chocolate mixture in the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a handheld or stand mixer for a couple of minutes until fluffy and they double in volume. Then using a spatula, gently mix the eggs into the chocolate/hazelnut mixture until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and wrap the sides of the pan with aluminum foil. Place the pan in a deep baking dish and fill it halfway with hot water. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Be sure to not over bake it. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for a few minutes then place it in a serving plate and top it with the Chocolate Fudge sauce and chopped hazelnuts. Store pie in the fridge - it will last for about 2 weeks.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.