Strawberry-Banana Chocolate Cups • Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
Strawberries, bananas and chocolate… What can I say? This combination is so amazingly delicious…
You will love these dark chocolate cups! They have a creamy filling made of fresh strawberries, bananas, almond butter, dates and lemon juice. These amazing little treats literally melt in your month.
You can make them with a dark chocolate of your choice, but I recommend a minimum 70% dark and one that contains no soy. Or you can make your own chocolate using raw cacao powder, cacao butter and raw honey. I posted a link to my recipe for homemade chocolate in the ingredients list below.
These are made in mini muffin cups, so they are the perfect snack size. Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup bananas
- 1 date, pitted
- 1½ teaspoons almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup dark chocolate (minimum 70% dark) or homemade chocolate
- add strawberries, bananas, date, almond butter and lemon juice to a food processor or high speed blender and process until creamy and smooth
- melt chocolate slowly in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- fill the bottom of mini silicon or paper muffin cups with 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate and freeze for 5 minutes
- once chocolate has hardened, remove from the freezer and top the center of each muffin cup with about ½ teaspoon of the strawberry-banana mixture, then freeze for another 5 minutes
- remove from freezer and fill cups ¾ of the way full with melted chocolate
- freeze until chocolate is set
Recipe yields 10-12 bite size chocolates. Keep refrigerated.