These Paleo Blueberry Muffins are so moist they melt in your mouth 🙂
Here’s an updated photo so you can see the inside (as of July 2016) Enjoy 😉!
For anyone looking for a nut-free version of this recipe, here it is: Blueberry Muffin (Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb) – made with coconut flour, coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs and fresh blueberries. Photo below.
- 1 cup (114g) blanched almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons (50g) raw honey
- ½ cup (117g) coconut milk, full fat
- 2 tablespoons (22g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries (frozen blueberries will not work)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups, or use a non-stick silicone muffin pan.
- Mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, and egg.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each to the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Set pan over a wire rack to cool. Wait until muffins are completely cool before serving.
Total carbs 11.9g; Fiber 2g; Net carbs 9.9g; Protein 5.6g; fat 18.6g; Calories 223 kcal
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can freeze them too if you like.
Double the recipe to make 12 muffins.