Last week I told you about my love for chocolate chip cookies and how hard and tempting it is for me to just turn my back to the smell of a freshly baked cookie when I walk past a bakery. I posted my recipe for these amazing Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies made with almond flour, butter, egg, arrowroot powder, vanilla and chocolate chips.
Today I want to share with everyone the most delicious chocolate chip cookies recipe made with no flour at all! I have taken the flour out and replaced it with a mixture of fresh almond and pecan butter. I used raw sprouted almonds and pecans and processed them in the food processor until soft and creamy like peanut butter.
These are the simplest and fasted cookies to make. They taste just like a regular cookie, has a soft and chewy consistency and melt in your mouth.
The recipe makes 18 cookies and you can store them in an air tight container at room temperature. If you can wait and not eat them all in one day, I found that they taste even better the next day!
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Process the almonds and pecans in a food processor until creamy and smooth like peanut butter.
- Whisk the egg, vanilla, honey and salt in a separate bowl, then gently fold in the almond/pecan butter. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the batter onto the cookie sheet. Add some extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie if you like.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.