The best Banana bread recipe! This isn’t just another banana bread, it’s a Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread with huge chocolate chunks added. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb and Paleo friendly.
Last week on Facebook, I asked my readers if peanut butter was still part of their diet and if they'd like a recipe with it. The majority of the responses I got were in favor of peanut butter.
I personally have not eaten peanut butter for at least five years, mostly because some of it's know toxins and because I'd rather get the nutrients it contains from other sources of food. Mark Sisson has a great article explaining the good and the bad about peanut butter here.
With that said, I also love the taste and I don't get any digestive issues when I eat it. So in my opinion, as long as my body can process it and as long as I eat it on occasion, by all means I will enjoy some. Of course I am not talking about any peanut butter here, I am talking about the real stuff, made with simply organic dry roasted peanuts.
Going back to this bread, this is one of the most decadent recipes I could ever share with you! I don’t know if banana bread can get any better than this. I am sure you can imagine what I'm trying to say. Banana, peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven.
This bread is soft, fluffy and out of this world when served warm right out of the oven. I even had a hard time not eating a slice when I was taking this picture. I guarantee that if you follow the recipe exactly you and everybody will love it and will never guess this bread is made with no conventional white flours and sugars.
I added only 1 tablespoon of raw honey and used very ripe Apple bananas. Apple bananas have an incredible taste and if you can find them in your local stores be sure and get some to make this bread.
And as for the peanut butter, if you prefer not to eat it, you can substitute it for a creamy almond butter or any other nut butter of your choice.
If you like this recipe and would love to have over 100 more dessert recipes made with real, nutrient-dense ingredients, be sure to check out my cookbook.
Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread (Paleo, GF, DF)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter, organic creamy (or almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup dark chocolate chopped, semisweet or darker
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8½ x 4½-inch medium loaf pan with parchment paper, covering all four sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a blender or food processor, pulse together bananas, peanut butter, honey, eggs, coconut milk, and coconut oil until creamy.
- Pour wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and using a rubber spatula, gently mix to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in dark chocolate into the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and top it with additional dark chocolate chunks if desired.
- Bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Set pan on a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.