These banana muffins I made last night came out incredibly moist, soft and delicious. They are grain free, made with almond flour instead and sweetened with bananas and just 1 tbs of raw honey, which is completely optional here since the bananas are already sweet. I really like nuts in my muffins so I added ⅓ cup of chopped pecans. I have to say these were one of the best banana muffins I've had. If you make them, I would love to hear your opinion.
Paleo Banana Crumb Muffin (Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb)
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon pastured butter, cold
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, and mix in the honey, egg and butter.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Fold pecans into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each to the top.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with the crumbs and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes.
- Using your hands, mix together all ingredients for the crumbs until mixture resemble coarse cornmeal.
Nutrition per serving
Yields: 8 muffins