This decadent pie consist of a smooth raspberry-flavored chocolate truffle filing and a dark chocolate almond/pecan crust. The raspberry flavor comes from tossing a sugar free raspberry sauce into the creamy mixture of chocolate and coconut cream. Topped with fresh raspberries and more raspberry sauce, this is truly an indulgence for that special occasion.
The crust is soft and has a sweet nutty, dark chocolate flavor. There is no need to bake this crust and it is made simply by turning dried dates into a creamy, smooth paste and mixing it with raw almonds and pecans and an unprocessed raw cacao powder.
This recipe for Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Pie contains no gluten or grains and it is dairy free.
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup Medjool dates (about 6 large dates), pitted
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cup raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 can (13.5oz) full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raspberry sauce
- chop almonds and pecans in a food processor until coarse meal and place in a bowl
- process dates in the food processor until they form a creamy paste
- add date paste, cacao powder, coconut oil and vanilla extract to the bowl with the almonds and pecans and mix to combine all ingredients
- pat the crust mixture onto the bottom of an 8-inch removable bottom pan lined with parchment paper
- add 1 cup of raspberries to your food processor and pulse until smooth (if you are using frozen raspberries, let them thaw out completely first)
- pour into a strainer set over a bowl, and gently press the raspberries to extract their juices
- reserve ⅓ cup of the juice for the filling
- mix the remaining ½ cup of whole raspberries into the sauce
- place the coconut milk and coconut oil in a sauce pan and heat the mixture until it boils
- remove from stove and mix in reserved ⅓ cup of raspberry sauce, chocolate chips and vanilla extract until the chocolate melts and everything is combined
- pour filling over the crust and freeze overnight
- remove from freezer, drizzle with raspberry sauce and serve
Recipe serves about 10 people. Store pie in the freezer.