One of my followers last week asked if I could duplicate one of these macaroons made by Rickaroons. I personally have never tried their macaroons, but I can honestly say that mine is unbelievably good. You will find that the blend of ingredients I used in this recipe gives these macaroons a rich and deep dark chocolate flavor. This recipe uses almond butter, unsweetened dried coconut and raw cacao powder as main ingredients. The almond butter I used is made directly from raw organic almonds in a nut butter machine from my local organic grocery store. I like these much more because they are freshly made, have small chunks of almonds and are cheaper. You can however use almond butter in jars if you prefer or make your own in a food processor. So here you go, enjoy this recipe and leave me your feedback below telling me what you think.
Rich Dark Chocolate Macaroons with mini chocolate chips (egg, dairy, gluten, grain free, paleo)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- using a 1½ tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- bake at 350°F for approximately 10 minutes or until the bottom and edges of each macaroon start to turn darker in color
- place baking sheet over a wire rack and let macaroons cool
Recipe makes 12 macaroons.