These Coconut Orange Macaroons are moist, chewy with a hint of citrus. Delicious and drizzled with chocolate, plus they're so easy to make.
I decided that my Coconut Macaroons should have a hint of citrus to it. I think the orange flavor especially, compliments the taste of coconut and chocolate really well. So for this recipe, I added not only the zest of an orange, but also the juice. This is an optional addition and the recipe will work just fine if you prefer the traditional coconut macaroon flavor.
More macaroon recipes
Coconut Orange Macaroons
- In a double boiler over medium heat, whisk the coconut palm sugar with the egg whites until mixture is warm and the sugar begins to dissolve, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat and mix in the shredded coconut, almond flour, salt, vanilla, orange zest and orange juice.
- Drop tablespoons full onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F until lightly browned on the bottoms and edges, approximately 10 minutes.
- Allow the macaroons to cool on the baking sheet then place on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.