It’s been incredibly hot these past few days here in Hawaii! Unlike most homes in the US, very few houses here have central AC. I don’t have AC in my house, and working from home on days like these is very hard!
So to cool down a bit, I’ve been going for a swim at the beach with my 4 dogs for a bit during the day. AND one evening, I made an incredible treat for dessert that I want to share with you today.
Do any of you not love fudgy brownies? How about chocolate ice cream? Or fresh raspberries that are in season?
I love all of them! And like many of you, I love ice cream served with brownies, and I love the combination of chocolate and raspberries!
So today, I introduce you to this decadent dessert that will have your friends raving about: Raspberry-Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Parfaits – a creamy homemade chocolate ice cream, served with little pieces of fudgy brownies and fresh raspberries.
Sounds sinful, but this awesome dessert is very low in sugar per serving, it’s dairy-free and conforms to all of the Paleo/whole foods dietary guidelines.
Give this treat a try this coming 4th of July holiday weekend, and let me know what you and your friends think.
Oh.. and don’t forget to take some pictures and post them in the comments below. I want to see them!
Enjoy and happy 4th to all of my American readers! 🙂
- 1 can (403ml) full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (33g) chopped 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries, about 3 cups
- Brownies (recipe)
- Make the brownies following the instructions here, then once cooled chop the brownie into small pieces.
- Make the ice cream: add to a blender all the ingredients in the order listed, except for the raspberries and the brownie pieces, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream maker and process it according to the manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches a soft‐serve consistency. Freeze the ice cream for 2 hours to firm up a bit more or serve immediately.
- Layer your serving dishes with the chopped brownie pieces and the raspberries. Add a scoop of ice cream to each dish and serve.