Chocolate Covered Thin Mint Fudge Brownies • Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free
You must make this recipe if you are craving chocolate, mint, ice cream or a savory delicious treat!
The brownies in this recipe are over the top chocolaty, moist and fudgy. They are made completely free of wheat flour, grains, gluten and dairy like everything else I make and post on this blog. There is no sacrificing taste when substituting real whole food ingredients to make a delectable treat like this one and these brownies are proof of that.
They are made thin (about 1/4-inch thickness) and coated in a minty dark chocolate sauce. They are great when eaten cold or as a frozen chocolate treat. My husband loves eating them frozen and describes them as one of the most amazing mint, ice cream-like chocolate frozen treats. These are truly a delicious combination of just the right texture and minty flavor, super smooth, light and refreshing.
Trust me when I say, your family, friends, neighbors (paleo or not), will love them!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup raw coconut palm sugar
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- mix together the almond flour, coconut sugar, raw cacao powder and salt
- in a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract
- using a rubber spatula, gently mix in the dry ingredients with the wet to form a batter
- pour batter evenly across the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure paper cover all four sides of the pan.
- bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 10 minutes
- set pan to cool on a wire rack, then cut brownies into approximately 2-inch squares
- freeze brownies for about 30 minutes
- melt dark chocolate chips slowly over low heat in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- add coconut oil and mint extract to the melted chocolate and mix to combine ingredients
- remove brownies from freezer and using a fork, dip each one, one at the time, in the chocolate being sure to cover completely
- place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate until chocolate hardens
Recipe serves about 10 people. Keep refrigerated or frozen.