As you may know, chocolate chip cookies have always been my favorite sweet and I would be lying if I told you I never crave it. I do think about it sometimes, especially when I pass by a bakery and smell them being freshly baked.
So what to do when these cravings kick in? I think of a way of incorporating nutrient dense ingredients with chocolate chips. I came across this recipe from a book called The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook by Lindsay Landis a while back, and while her recipe contains refined sugars and other ingredients I don't eat, I adapted her idea and made these popsicles with healthy ingredients.
I am so pleased with how they turned out and they fully satisfy those chocolate chip cookie cravings. Best of all, they are a great refreshing cold summer treat! They don't actually have any cookie dough in them, but when you try them you will know what I mean by Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles (Vegan, Paleo)
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup warm water
- Blend the almonds and water in blender, then strain the milk with a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a saucepan. This should yield approximately 1 cup of almond milk
- Whisk the arrowroot powder with the almond milk until dissolved.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt and heat the mixture over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Remove from heat, let it cool completely and mix in the vanilla extract.
- Place ½ to 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips in the bottom of your popsicle molds. Fill approximately ¾ full with the milk mixture then add more chocolate chips. Add a final layer of milk and insert sticks.
- Freeze until solid and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Recipe makes 9 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles.