As you may know, chocolate chip cookies have always been my favorite sweet and I would be lying if I told you I never crave it. I do think about it sometimes, especially when I pass by a bakery and smell them being freshly baked.
So what to do when these cravings kick in? I think of a way of incorporating nutrient dense ingredients with chocolate chips. I came across this recipe from a book called The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook by Lindsay Landis a while back, and while her recipe contains refined sugars and other ingredients I don’t eat, I adapted her idea and made these popsicles with healthy ingredients.
I am so pleased with how they turned out and they fully satisfy those chocolate chip cookie cravings. Best of all, they are a great refreshing cold summer treat! They don’t actually have any cookie dough in them, but when you try them you will know what I mean by Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup warm water
- blend the almonds and water in blender, then strain the milk with a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a saucepan. This should yield approximately 1 cup of almond milk
- whisk the arrowroot powder with the almond milk until dissolved
- add the coconut milk, coconut sugar and salt and heat the mixture over medium heat until it starts to boil
- remove from heat, let it cool completely and mix in the vanilla extract
- place ½ to 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips in the bottom of your popsicle molds. Fill approximately 3/4 full with the milk mixture then add more chocolate chips. Add a finally layer of milk and insert sticks.
- freeze until solid and serve
- to remove popsicles, dip the mold in hot water for 30 seconds
Recipe makes 9 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles.