Make this creamy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream using healthier ingredients for your family. You'll love the chunks of homemade cookie dough made with almond flour. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and Paleo.
Deciding what ice cream flavor to make this week was not hard since I have been getting so many wonderful reviews on my Raw, No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie recipe. It occurred to me that the best thing to do would be combine a creamy vanilla ice cream as a base with chunks of cookie dough mixed in.
I will admit that I ate a huge bowl of it as soon as I took it out of the ice cream maker. I am certain that you and your kids will really enjoy this recipe!
This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream is dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and Paleo. The ice cream and cookie dough recipes are also low carb and to reduce the carbs content further you can simply use stevia as sweetener in place of the honey.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon + ½ teaspoon raw honey, or maple syrup
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips, (dairy/soy-free brand)
- 1 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 large egg, (omit for vegan)
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoon raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch fine Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract and honey.
- Add almond flour and with a rubber spatula, mix until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix or the almond flour will start to release its oils and become wet.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough on a piece of parchment paper and shape into a long, thin rope like strand.
- Refrigerate until dough is firm, then chop it into small pieces.
- Combine the coconut milk, egg, arrowroot powder, honey and salt in a saucepan and slowly bring the mixture to a light boil stirring constantly.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, mix in the vanilla extract and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix the chopped cookie dough and chocolate chips with the chilled ice cream.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.