Some of you might be wondering why I haven’t posted many recipes in the last couple of weeks. I have been working on a surprise for you guys that I think you will love! This has taken a lot of time to complete, but I am devoted to making your life sweeter, healthier and happier with chocolate and I am excited to announce what’s coming. Soon I will tell you what it is, so please keep checking my website and social media networks for the announcement or subscribe to my mailing list below and I will personally send you an email letting you know all about it.
Raw, No Bake Triple-Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
For this coming Thanksgiving, here is a pumpkin pie that is super easy and fast to make. This recipe is great because it is simply made with dark chocolate and pumpkin puree and there is no need for eggs, dairy or baking. All you have to do is mix the ingredients together, cool for a few hours and serve.
(paleo, gluten, grain, dairy, egg free)
- 1½ cups raw pecans
- 1 cup large Medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2-ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 can (15-ounces) pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- generous pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, melted
- grease a 9-inch removable bottom tart pan with coconut oil and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan
- chop the pecans in a food processor to coarse meal and set it in a large bowl
- remove pit from dates and process in the food processor until a creamy paste forms
- using your hands, mix together the chopped pecans, date paste and cacao powder
- press the crust mixture onto the bottom and sides of the tart pan
- melt the chocolate slowly in a large bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- once chocolate is melted remove bowl from heat and add the pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil, ground cinnamon and salt
- using a rubber spatula, mix until all ingredients are combined, then pour over the crust
- drizzle with melted chocolate chips and refrigerate until set, approximately 4 hours
Recipe serves 10+ people. Keep refrigerated.