Here is a super simple recipe for you to make for breakfast this coming weekend. All you need are some ripe bananas, eggs and a little baking soda. I spiced mine up with some ground cinnamon, vanilla and a dash of salt. The darker color these pancakes have, comes from the chocolate almond butter recipe I posted earlier this week. I could not resist adding this incredible chocolaty nut butter to my pancakes. The nut butter is completely optional, you can leave it out or use any other nut butter of your preference.
- 2 cups ripe bananas (about 1 /12 large bananas)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chocolate almond butter
- pinch of salt
- butter or coconut oil for frying
- in a large bowl, mash the bananas using a potato masher or a fork, leaving some small chunks
- whisk in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, chocolate almond butter and salt
- heat the butter or oil in a pan on medium low and spoon approximately ¼ cup of batter per pancake
- cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until it feels slightly firm
Recipe yields 7-9 small pancakes. Enjoy!