This rich and creamy Chocolate Almond Butter is the best nut butter ever! I am not just saying this because I made it, but it really is! (dairy-free, refined sugar-free)
I was hesitant to give out this recipe, but I just love when people make my recipes and give me all the great feedback.
The key to making this recipe (or any other recipe for that matter) come out so delicious is always by selecting the highest quality ingredients. Here I chose some very expensive almonds that are raw and have been sprouted. I then enhanced the flavor of these almonds by roasting them in the oven for a few minutes.
This recipe creates a chocolate almond butter that is not too sweet. It has an amazing chocolaty flavor from the combination of cacao butter and raw cacao powder. The texture is perfect, creamy and smooth both at room temperature or when refrigerated. At room temperature the nut butter spreads easily and when refrigerated it thickens a bit and it is almost like eating a piece of smooth chocolate that melts in your mouth.
Chocolate Almond Butter
- Roast the almonds at 350°F until fragrant and they start to turn brown, about 10 minutes.
- Let almonds cool for 5 minutes, then process them in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Using a spatula, mix the cacao powder with the almond butter until combined.
- In a bowl over simmering water, slowly melt the cacao butter (double boiler). Once melted, mix in the honey, vanilla extract, coconut oil and salt.
- Using a spatula, stir the cacao mixture with the almond butter, and mix to combine ingredients
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place such as your pantry or in the refrigerator.
Recipe yields about 1 cup.