Here is a quick and easy recipe for grain-free graham crackers. When topped with homemade nutella, bananas and some toasted shredded coconut, these turn into an irresistible healthy paleo snack.
This recipe is Paleo, grain-free and gluten-free. Enjoy!
Graham Crackers With Homemade Nutella and Banana
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch fine himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- homemade nutella, recipe
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, arrowroot powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla and honey.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet to form a batter and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place chilled batter between 2 sheets of parchment paper and using a rolling pin roll the dough to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Remove top sheet of parchment paper and cut dough into 3-inch squares with a knife or pastry chopper. Do not separate the pieces.
- Lift parchment paper into a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden on the top and edges.
- Remove from oven and immediately cut each square again. Do not separate the pieces until completely cool.
- lLt cool on baking sheet set over a wire rack.
- Top crackers with homemade nutella, bananas and toasted shredded coconut.
Note: the graham crackers might loose it’s crunchiness fast, so it is best to store it in an air tight container in the fridge. Nutrition facts calculated without the homemade Nutella.