Chocolate Delight Coconut Bars are dense, moist and drizzled in chocolate. Easy to make and utterly delicious!
I saw this recipe on swisspaleo.ch and I thought of giving it a try. I used 7 medjool dates instead of 8, 2 tbs of honey and used pecans for the crust. I also made my own chocolate to drizzle on top of the coconut layer (recipe below). It turned out so delicious that I decided to share the recipe here. So here is my version of it:
Paleo Chocolate Delight Coconut Bars
- Mix all of the crust ingredient in a food processor or vitamix.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and press the dough evenly on the pan.
- Mix all coconut ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture over the crust evenly.
- Place the dish in the freezer and go on to making the chocolate.
- In a double boiler melt the coconut oil and the cacao butter.
- Add the honey and cacao powder. Mix until all is combined.
- Drizzle on top of the coconut layer.
- Place the dish back in the freezer for about 20 mins and cut into approximately 1 inch squares.