Unlike the traditional brownies we are used to these are raw and there is no need to bake them. They are made with fresh mint leaves for a earthy, minty flavor. I love the taste of fresh mint, but you can also make these with peppermint extract or oil. These Fresh Mint Dark Chocolate Brownies are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free and Paleo. Enjoy!
No Bake Fresh Mint Dark Chocolate Brownies
- chop the fresh mint in a food processor then add the pecans and pulse until coarse ground. Place in a large bowl.
- remove pit from dates, then process in a food processor until a creamy paste forms
- mix the date paste, almond flour, raw cacao powder, salt and chocolate chips with the ground pecans and mint until all ingredients are combined
- line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spread the brownie mixture evenly across the pan
- in a double boiler over simmering water, mix the coconut oil, raw cacao powder, honey, vanilla and salt until well combined
- spread mixture evenly on top of the brownie and sprinkle with a handful of cacao nibs
- refrigerate until set then cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.