This Mix-Berry Tart With Coconut Whipped Cream is Paleo, low-carb, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free and refined sugar-free.
After I made the Sugar Free Mix-Berry Jam I was tempted to make a tart with it. I still had some left over frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, pomegranate) and some fresh raspberries I got to make the Chocolate Raspberry tart.
I wanted to keep it very low carb so that I could also eat it for breakfast so I did not add any sweetener to it, except for 1 tablespoon of honey in the crust. To go along with it, I made some fresh coconut whipped cream.
For this recipe I used an 8 inch removable bottom pan and I lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
Mix-Berry Tart With Coconut Whipped Cream
- ½ cup sugar free mix-berry jam
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a round 8-inch removable bottom tart pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together with a rubber spatula the shredded coconut, blanched almond flour, pecans, coconut oil, and honey.
- Pat the dough onto the bottom and sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crust starts to turn brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix berries with the jam.
- Pour mixture over the crust, and top it with fresh raspberries.
- Sprinkle top with chopped pecans (optional).
- Refrigerate for about 5 hours before serving.
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Place a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Scoop the solid coconut cream from the top of the can into a bowl, being careful not to mix with the water on the bottom.
- Add honey and vanilla extract, and using an electrical mixer whip the coconut until fluffy.