Infused with maple syrup and chopped walnuts, this recipe makes the creamiest, crunchiest and most delicious ice cream.
Making homemade ice cream is super fun and easy and best of all, you know it is completely free of unhealthy ingredients. Follow the recipe below and you will not be disappointed 🙂
Maple-Walnut Ice Cream • paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free
- in a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, egg, arrowroot powder and salt
- heat mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until it starts to boil and thicken
- set aside to cool for 5 minutes then stir in the vanilla extract
- cool mixture overnight in refrigerator
- stir walnuts and maple syrup into the chilled ice cream custard, then process in your ice cream maker
- serve with chopped walnuts and drizzled maple syrup
Recipe yields about 1 quart.