Here is a super fun way to enjoy a nice hot chocolate drink during those cold winter days that are coming up soon.
This is one of the finest chocolates I have made so far. It is a blend of 100% dark, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, ground coffee, vanilla, honey and raw coconut palm sugar. This blend gives a hot cup of milk a smooth and creamy dark chocolate taste. I thought these were wonderful with coconut milk, but you can also enjoy them along with almond milk, raw milk or any other type of milk you prefer.
Heat up 1 cup of milk (e.g. raw milk, coconut milk, almond milk…), dip the chocolate in the cup and swirl it around until it melts.
This recipe makes only 3 chocolate cubes and you can double or triple the recipe as needed.
Note: The chocolate will melt at room temperature unless you temper it before placing it into molds. Here is how to temper the chocolate.
Tip: Grind raw coconut palm sugar, ground coffee and ground vanilla in a food processor or magic bullet until powder so that the chocolate is less grainy.
- 3½ tablespoons 100% dark, unsweetened chocolate
- 2½ tablespoons cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- pinch of salt
- melt the chocolate and cacao butter in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler)
- whisk in the coconut palm sugar, honey, ground vanilla, ground coffee and salt until well combined
- pour chocolate into silicone ice cube trays and refrigerate until chocolate is set around the edges, then insert a wooden stick in the center. Keep chocolate refrigerated until it has harden completely before removing it from the mold.
- heat 1 cup of your favorite milk and then swirl the chocolate around. The chocolate may take a few minutes to dissolve completely.
Recipe makes 3 squares. Keep refrigerated.