My husband is going on a snowboard trip this week and he asked me that I make him some energy bars that he can take with him. First thing that came to my mind was granola bars and Larabars.
We spent a few good hours in the kitchen last night and came up with three different bars, all grain free, gluten free and sugar free:
For the next three days I will be posting the recipe for each and I hope you enjoy each one as much as my husband and I did.
Cacao Nibs & Coconut Energy Bars
- in a food processor grind the nuts until coarsely ground and place it in a bowl
- remove pits from dates and process them in a food processor until creamy
- combine the date paste with the ground nuts, shredded coconut and cacao nibs. Mix all with your hands until well combined
- press into an 8×8 square baking dish or a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, then cut it into rectangles. Alternatively, you can just skip the baking dish and just shape them any way you prefer
- rap each bar separate with parchment paper or foil so you can easily take it with you
Recipe makes about six 3 inch bars