Yesterday I told you about the three different types of energy bars my husband and I made so he could take on his snowboarding trip. Below are the bars we created that I will be posting the recipe for this week:
Today I will be sharing with you the recipe for the Apricot & Lemon Energy Bars. Like the other two bars, these Apricot & Lemon Energy Bars are 100% gluten free, grain free and sugar free.
Apricot & Lemon Energy Bars
- ½ cup dried apricot
- ½ cup large Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor grind the almonds until coarsely ground and place it in a bowl.
- Remove pits from dates and process along with the dried apricots in a food processor until creamy.
- Combine the date/apricot paste with the ground almonds and lemon juice. Mix all with your hands until well combined.
- Press into an 8×8 square baking dish or a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, then cut it into rectangles. Alternatively, you can just skip the baking dish and shape them any way you prefer.
- Wrap each bar separate with parchment paper or foil so you can easily take it with you.