This refreshing dessert has an enticing sweet, crunchy crust made of raw almonds, pecans and dates, topped with a light and smooth cream layer and lots of fresh organic blueberries.
Blueberry Coconut Cream Pie Squares (Paleo, Dairy, Gluten, Refined Sugar Free)
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup medjool dates, about 6 large dates
- chop the almonds and pecans separately in a food processor and place them in a large bowl
- remove pits from dates and process them in the food processor until a creamy paste forms
- mix the date paste and chopped nuts with your hands until fully combined
- line the bottom and sides of a 8x6-inch dish with parchment paper and press the crust evenly across the bottom of the pan
- add the coconut milk and gelatin to a medium sauce pan and let it sit for 5 minutes
- heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until the gelatin is completely dissolved
- add the coconut sugar and salt and mix until sugar dissolves
- mix in the shredded coconut and vanilla and pour on top of the crust
- refrigerate until the coconut cream is firm, then cut into squares and top it with fresh blueberries. Keep refrigerated.