This refreshing dessert has an sweet, crunchy crust made of raw almonds, pecans and dates, topped with a light and smooth cream layer and lots of fresh blueberries. (Vegan, Gluten-free, Paleo)
Blueberry Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup medjool dates, about 6 large dates
- Chop the almonds and pecans separately in a food processor and place them in a large bowl.
- Remove pits from dates and process them in the food processor until a creamy paste forms.
- Mix the date paste and chopped nuts with your hands until fully combined.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 8x6-inch dish with parchment paper and press the crust evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Add the coconut milk and gelatin to a medium sauce pan and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add the coconut sugar and salt and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Mix in the shredded coconut and vanilla, and pour on top of the crust.
- Refrigerate until the coconut cream is firm, then cut into squares and top it with fresh blueberries.