These frozen Blueberry Breakfast Bars are low in carbs, full of healthy fats, minerals and vitamins. They are gluten free and contain no grains, dairy, soy and refined sugars.
The best way to describe them is by imagining a fruit smoothie topped with granola but in the form of bars that you can take on the road with you, when you need a quick breakfast.
Blueberry Breakfast Bars (gluten-free, grain-free, dairy free)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup bananas, chopped*
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 can, 13.5 ounces full fat coconut milk**
- preheat the oven at 350°F and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, making sure the paper covers all four sides of the pan
- in a food processor, chop the almonds, pecans and macadamia nuts until coarse ground
- add the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda and salt, and pulse to combine ingredients
- add the coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract and process until the ingredients clump together and form the dough
- press dough evenly on the bottom of the prepared 8x8-inch baking pan and bake until the edges and top start to turn golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes
- set pan to cool on a wire rack
- puree the blueberries, bananas, coconut oil and lime juice in a food processor
- in a large bowl, add the blueberry mixture and the coconut cream** (see notes below)
- using a stand or hand mixer, mix ingredients together until fluffy and fully combined
- pour mixture evenly over the top of the cooled crust and freeze until firm
- cut into bars and sprinkle top with blueberries
- wrap each bars in Saran plastic wrap and store in the freezer
- allow bars to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving
**Place the can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Open can and scoop out the thick coconut cream that forms at the top of the can and discard the water.
Recipe serves 10+ people. Store in the freezer.