Dairy free, egg free, refine sugar free Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream with homemade coconut milk.
I made the Chocolate Torte you see in the picture for a friend's birthday party and to go along with it I made this delicious coconut ice cream. It was the perfect combination and I will definitely make this again soon.
Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream (Dairy free, Egg Free)
- To extract the fat from the coconut, gently boil the water in a sauce pan.
- Add the shredded coconut and water along to a blender and bled for a couple of minutes.
- Strain the coconut milk using a cheesecloth into a bowl.
- Take about ⅓ cup of the coconut left in the cheesecloth and add it to the coconut milk in the bowl and mix in the honey and vanilla extract.
- Let it cool a bit and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge, blend in blender for a couple of minutes and add the mixture to your ice cream maker and serve.