This wil be my last post for the next few days as I will be away from the kitchen working at my full time job away from home. I wish everyone a happy valentine's day!Here is another wonderful dessert you can surprise your valentine with. This flourless chocolate torte is super easy to make and I made it with my homemade dark chocolate, pastured eggs and grass fed butter. To sweeten it, I used raw coconut palm sugar. This torte is very light and does not have the texture of a typical cake, it is smooth and melts in your mouth.
Paleo Valentines Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Melt the homemade chocolate over a double boiler.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs with the coconut sugar until well combined.
- Slowly add the egg / sugar mixture to the chocolate / butter mixture.
- Butter your baking pan and coat it with raw cacao powder.
- pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover with foil
- Place in a larger pan or roasting dish and fill that with hot water so that it goes about ½ way up the cake pan.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and bake for about 1 hour.
- Lift the cake from the water bath and cool completely on a cooling rack.