Here is a quick and easy recipe for grain-free graham crackers. When topped with homemade nutella, bananas and some toasted shredded coconut, these turn into an irresistible healthy paleo snack. Enjoy!
(grain, gluten, dairy, refined sugar free)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk, full fat
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- homemade nutella (recipe)
- toasted shredded coconut, unsweetened
- mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, arrowroot powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl
- in a separate bowl whisk the coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla and honey
- mix dry ingredients with wet to form a batter and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- place chilled batter between 2 sheets of parchment paper and using a rolling pin roll the dough to ⅛ inch thickness
- remove top sheet of parchment paper and cut dough into 3-inch squares with a knife or pastry chopper. Do not separate the pieces.
- lift parchment paper into a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes or until lightly golden on the top and edges
- remove from oven and immediately cut each square again. Do not separate the pieces until completely cool.
- let cool on baking sheet set over a wire rack
- top crackers with homemade nutella, bananas and toasted shredded coconut
Note: the graham crackers might loose it’s crunchiness fast, so it is best to store it in an air tight container in the fridge.
Recipe serves 10+ people.
Recipe inspired by this post