When you combine nuts with honey and cacao you end up with a real treat. This is why I think these bars will be your favorite to go bars when you need a little snack during the day. I just need to remind you to cut them into small squares, because they taste so good and you might end up eating more than you should.
This recipe does contain dairy as I used butter in the honey mixture. If you can not tolerate dairy, you can replace the butter with coconut oil.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- ⅓ cup raw cacao nibs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, full fat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- mix the ingredients for the crust and press the dough into the bottom of an 8x8-inch pan lined with parchment paper
- heat the honey, butter and coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts, stirring frequently
- remove from heat and mix in the vanilla extract and ground cinnamon
- add the nuts and cacao nibs to the honey mixture and stir together until fully coated
- refrigerate mixture for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes
- spread the nut mixture evenly on top of the crust and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until nuts start to turn brown on the edges
- allow pan to cool on a wire rack and refrigerate until set
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.