This fluffy Vanilla Cupcake With Chocolate Banana Frosting is paleo friendly, dairy free, gluten and grain free and refined sugar free.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Vanilla Cupcake With Chocolate Banana Frosting
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and eggs.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack to cool.
Chocolate Banana Frosting:
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
- In a food processor, pulse together the melted cacao butter, bananas, raw cacao powder, honey and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the center of each muffin with a knife. Using a piping bag squeeze about 2 teaspoons of frosting into the center of each muffin, then frost the top of the muffins. I used a 16-inch piping bag and the Wilton 1M star tip to frost my cupcakes.
* To measure 2½ cups of bananas, chop the banana into small pieces and fill the measuring cup. Apple bananas enhances the flavor of these muffins, so make sure to use it if you can find it for sale at your local stores.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 537.3kcalProtein: 13.2gFat: 36.8gSaturated Fat: 16.4gSugar: 32.4gFiber: 11.7gCarbohydrates: 56.7gNet Carbs: 45g
Made this recipe?Please leave a review and photo in the comments below.