This fluffy Vanilla Cupcake With Chocolate Banana Frosting is paleo friendly, dairy free, gluten and grain free and refined sugar free.
Vanilla Cupcake With Chocolate Banana Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Mix together the blanched almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and eggs.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack to cool.
Chocolate Banana Frosting:
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
- In a food processor, pulse together the melted cacao butter, bananas, raw cacao powder, honey and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth.
- Cut a small hole in the center of each muffin with a knife. Using a piping bag squeeze about 2 teaspoons of frosting into the center of each muffin, then frost the top of the muffins. I used a 16-inch piping bag and the Wilton 1M star tip to frost my cupcakes.