The combination of fresh basil and cheese in this Parmesan Pesto Bread is delicious. Made with homemade pesto, this bread is grain-free and gluten-free.
Cheese and chocolate, I am addicted to BOTH! I could honestly create a whole new blog with just cheese and butter recipes. I am so glad my body can process dairy and I can eat all I want...
I know this site is mainly for desserts, but sometimes when my baking comes out so delicious I feel it is worthy of sharing it here as well.
If you love cheese like me, you will seriously love this bread! The combination of fresh basil and cheese in this bread is like no other. Even though this bread is made with no grains, its flavor and texture resembles whole wheat very well.
The type of cheese you choose to use in this recipe will significantly affect the overall taste. I highly recommend you use a high quality, raw, aged cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese, preferably from pastured cows. Also, buy cheese in blocks and shred it just before you are ready to bake.
For the pesto, I made mine from scratch. I took a bunch of fresh basil from my garden and blended the leaves with olive oil. I didn't measure the amounts of each, but you will need ¼ cup of pesto to make this recipe.
More savory breads to try
Parmesan Pesto Bread
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon fine himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, pepper, baking soda and arrowroot powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then mix in the pesto sauce, parmesan, cheddar cheese and coconut milk.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour batter in an 8½” x 4½” medium loaf pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes.
- Set pan over a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition per serving
*This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.