Chocolate Sandwich Cookies are pecan cookies with a delicious chocolate filling. Easy to make, gluten free, grain free and refined sugar free.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Pecan Cookie Chocolate Filled Sandwich
To see the brands I use, click each ingredient above or visit my Amazon shop.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the coconut flour and pecans until it turns to a flour-like consistency.
- Pulse in baking soda, arrowroot powder and salt.
- Then pulse in the wet ingredients - honey, heavy cream, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Roll dough into a ball and press between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ⅛-inch thickness.
- Cut dough using a round cookie cutter, then place cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before filing each cookie with chocolate.
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over simmering water (double boiler).
- Mix in the cacao powder, honey and vanilla extract until all combined and smooth.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of chocolate in between 2 cookies and press down to spread the chocolate around.
Store in the fridge.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 241.4kcalProtein: 2.1gFat: 21.4gSaturated Fat: 11gSugar: 10.2gFiber: 3.1gCarbohydrates: 14.9gNet Carbs: 11.8g
Made this recipe?Please leave a review and photo in the comments below.